Job Posting – QESBA Executive Director
The Quebec English School Boards Association (QESBA) represents the interests of the nine English school boards throughout the province of Québec. Its mission is to represent our school boards at the various levels of government and our educational partners, defend the educational control and management rights of the English-speaking community of Québec, offer appropriate services and resources to member school boards to meet their needs, and to promote publicly our English public education system. The Association strives to enhance the effectiveness of school commissioners and member school boards in the areas of education, finance, administration, and labour relations.
The Association is currently seeking to fill the position of Executive Director. The position of Executive Director entails responsibility for the management of all the activities, programs, and resources of the Association as well as the implementation of the Association’s strategic plan and decisions made by the Board of Directors and the Executive Committee in keeping with the policies in force (the QESBA’s Strategic Plan can be found here: https://qesba.qc.ca/wp-content/uploads/2023/04/QESBAActionPlanRevisedto2024.pdf).
The Executive Director also acts as the spokesperson of the Association.
Based on the Regulation respecting certain conditions of employment of senior staff of school boards and of the Comité de gestion de la taxe scolaire de l’île de Montréal, the Executive Director must have the following required minimum qualifications:
Required minimum qualifications:
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in a relevant field of study that certifies a minimum 3-year university program or, hold a senior executive or senior staff position;
- Sufficient relevant experience;
- A high level of fluency in English and French (oral and written);
- Proven ability in public communications.
In addition to the required minimum qualifications, the selected candidate must demonstrate:
- Knowledge of and experience with the English public education system;
- Familiarity with and/or experience in the Québec political environment and process, and the public policy process;
- Familiarity with the education control and management rights of the English-speaking community;
- Experience working with the upper management of an organization and in collaboration with a board of directors;
- Experience developing effective relationships with various partners and managing divergent objectives;
- Experience developing briefs and implementing modern governance policies.
The following personal qualities will be considered assets for the position:
- High ethical standards;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including tact and diplomacy;
- Analytical skills to assist with the positioning of the Association;
- Ability to generate a sense of belonging to the Association both for the staff and for member school boards.
Salary scale: Salary range of $118,310 to $157,742 subject to qualifications and experience.
Start date: Fall of 2023
Location: Dorval, Québec
Interested candidates should submit their curriculum vitae along with a letter of intent by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than May 24, 2023 at 5:00 p.m. to the attention of Mr. Dan Lamoureux.
QESBA would like to thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected to continue in the selection process will be contacted.
All applications will be kept confidential.
QESBA is committed to promoting equality of employment opportunity.