Professional Development Session October 28 and 29,
- 2011 Hotel Delta-Sherbrooke Friday, October 28, 2011 2:00 p.m.
Board of Directors Meeting 5:30 p.m.
Registration 6:00 p.m.
- Dinner at the Delta-Sherbrooke
- Presentation of 2011 Award of Merit
- Evening with the Eastern Townships School
Board 8:00 p.m.
Candidates’ debate 9:30 p.m.
- Meet and Greet
- Hotel Bar (cash bar) Saturday, October 29, 2011 8:00 a.m.
Registration 8:30 a.m
- Frank di Bello, Chair of the Professional Development Committee 8:45 a.m.
- State of the Association Address
Debbie Horrocks, President 9:15 a.m.
- Plenary Session
- Brian Woodland, Communications Director
- Peel District School Board
Commissioner Development Session: Beyond Image: Proven PR tools to build school/board reputation—and support student success!
In this provocative and valuable session, hear why many traditional "school board (district) marketing" activities are often a waste of time and money, and discover how to go beyond image to build reputation and to connect public relations to student success. 10:15 a.m.
- Health Break 10:30 a.m.
- Annual Ron Edwards Lecture Series
Best Practices round table and discussion session
- Recruitment (Lester B. Pearson School Board)
- Politics (New Frontiers School Board)
- Pedagogy (Riverside School Board) 12:00 p.m.
12-year award recipients 1:30 p.m.
Annual General Meeting 3:30 p.m.